Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Hello Friends!! I hope this post finds you all well!!  I can't believe how fast time is flying and that we are now officially into Fall!!  Wow, time flies!!

Today I am popping in to share a card I created for this week's Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs...which is an inspiration challenge!! I just love the colored leaves, pumpkins, Indian corn and the many other decorations or looks of fall.

For my creation I used the Our Daily Bread Designs stamp sets Doily Blessings (and the coordinating die ODBD Doily), Pumpkin (and coordinating die


Our Daily Bread Designs, Pumpkin, Doily Blessings, Doily die, pumpkin die, beautiful borders die, recipe and tags die, fancy foliage die, ODBDSLC214, designer-Chris Olsen


ODBD Stamps Used: Doily Blessings, Pumpkin
ODBD Dies Used: Beautiful Borders, Doily, Fancy Foliage, Recipe and Tags, Pumpkin Die 
other materials: My Mind's Eye dp, kraft, black, olive,white (neenah solar white), and hemp

To every thing there is a season, and a time to purpose under heaven Ecclesiastes 3: 1....

 Ecclesiastes 3: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and time to cast away; 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew, a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

How often do you look at the outdoors and see the masterpiece that God has created!! He has made all things beautiful and there are no mistakes in His creation.  This also so for the seasons in your life, God is there through it all.  You can thank Him for those joys and blessings you receive but also rely on Him to carry you through the trials and tribulations you travel through.  He is there in every season!!

Here is a photo of the inspiration:
Can you guess what inspired me?



Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you enjoy my creation!! For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters: Cheryl Scrivens, DJ Rants, Diana Nyugen, Robin Clendenning, Linda Carson, and Elizabeth Whisson.


To see all the challenge in one place, click here.  You have until October 5  join in. We would love to see your creations!!


Blessings,





challenges I am entering:
Word Art Wednesday- free scripture digi is available each week
Cuttlebug Mania- Anything die cut
Die-cuttin Diva's- anything Fall
Oldie but goodie- something older than 6 months (stamp, twine, paper, dies) and Autumn
Paper Minutes- Colors of Autumn
Card Mania- doily
Shabby Tea Room- inspiration and pumpkin

18 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, love the doily's with the pumpkin!

Robin Clendenning said...

Chris, I love your pumpkin!! Love all the detail and lovely coloring and then your doilies are so pretty, love the black and kraft colors!! The black especially is so perfect behind your pumpkin. I also love your piercing around the edges!! Just a beautiful card my dear friend!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Chris, this is beautiful!! I LOVE this pumpkin and your coloring, and the beautiful doilies behind it are perfect, along with the border, foliage, twine, button, and sentiment tag!! It all works together so beautifully, sweet friend, and what a wonderful reminder of that great passage from Ecclesiastes 3. Yes, there is a season and time for everything, and God uses it all!! Hugs, dear friend!

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card Chris and image used x

DJ Rants said...

I love everything about this one, Chris!! it looks great with the double doilies and your wonderfully colored pumpkin!! my favorite part is the tag with the foliage, so pretty!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Chris this is so beautiful love the image also the wonderful design and Autumnal colours a brilliant make.
hugs
lorraine x

Grace said...

Oh this is so beautiful Chris! Your coloring of the pumpkin is just gorgeous and the double doilies and the craft tag are the perfect touches... as is the wonderful twine treatment!!! Loved reading the entire section from Ecc. again... a great reminder to all of us as we journey though the different seasons of life!
hugs my friend!
Grace

Unknown said...

Chris,
The greens caught my eye and I followed them to the offset beige doily. You pumpkin is colored so skillfully and artfully. A really great card. Thank you so much for joining our 150th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I thank God for your participation and I pray you will have a day filled with joy.

Carole Robb Bisson

Linda Carson said...

Absolutely adore this delightful fall beauty Chris! You have an eye for details that work together perfectly! Most excellent indeed!

Alshandra said...

Gorgeous card Chris. LOVE your oranges, brown and greens. Your pumpking is gorgoues - love the added button and twine.

Heike said...

wow, this is an amazing card.....so bright and colorful....lovely!

Hugs, Heike

Sarah said...

What a beautiful card and perfect for our autumn challenge at OBAG. Good Luck!! Sarah

N-Eva said...

Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania challenge.Neva

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Chris. Beautiful details.

Anonymous said...

Wow, very pretty! Looks just like you're in a pumpkin patch!

Thank you for linking it to Die Cuttin' Divas!

Evelyn

Kimbo said...

I love your pumpkin and all the detail

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Sarah said...

This is beautiful, Chris! Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas!

Sarah, GDT

Spyder said...

Love it! fabulous card!
((Lyn))

Followers

Popular Posts

Our Daily Bread Designs Card Making Retreat
Powered by Blogger.